Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Working Mom May 2009: My Makeover

working mom magazineI got featured at Working Mom's magazine May 2009 issue's makeover session! This is what I am waiting for. This is the first time that I got the chance to be "model-for-a-day". I had a great time at Piandre salon and it was such a very wonderful experience! Thank you Ms. Leah and Ms. Romina for this opportunity!

I didn't realize that a photoshoot could be tiring, maybe because I am not used to wearing makeup and high heels, and of course, it was really hot outside! But this is nothing compared to the what I've learned from this experience.

Backtrack: I got excited when I received the email from Ms.Leah San Jose (managing editor), informing me that I am the first reader who got chosen for the makeover session. It had been a 2-day makeover session. The first was an image consultation with the stylist and image consultant, Ms.Romina Urra-Gonzales and the second part is the makeover and photoshoot session.

I had been really thankful not just because I got to appear in the magazine, but more so, I learned a great deal about myself even more. I learned to complement my body shape and know the clothes perfect for me and my lifestyle. It was indeed a transformation! Few months from now, I'll be turning 30... there'll be more changes to look forward to and I am glad that Working Mom had started it all. True enough, this makeover is perfect in time for my 30th birthday!

Here I am, gracing the pages of Working Mom Magazine:


Image consultation with Ms. Romina and My Before and After Photos image consultation

Hair and Makeup at Piandre Salon, Quezon City hair and makeup

the transformation - wearing a white dresswhite dress and accessories

wearing jeans and pantsjeans and pants
Credits: Styling by Sidney Yap, Photos by Stan Ong of Stork Studio

This is the finale! This is also the reason why I blogged about my Image Awareness and why I'm Sporting a New Look. I've previously chosen to keep information on hold until such time that this magazine was published.

26 comments:

Joy said...

wow! congratulations for being chosen by working mom magazine to have a makeover. you really look amazing on those pictures.

Joanne Chan said...

Well done! =)

Unknown said...

@joy-anne and @joanne, thank you so much! your comments are appreciated =)

David Funk said...

Congrats on that! You look great in those photos, too!

Thanks for commenting on my Plagiarism Tag, too.

I added your link here:

http://www.basicbloganomics.com/2008/11/friends-link-list.html

Dav DiDi said...

Wow .. Congrats !! It's a brand new experience for you ... And you looks great

Unknown said...

@david, thank you for the comment and for adding my link as well :)

Unknown said...

@dav didi, yes it's definitely a great experience... thank you as well!

onlinewriter said...

wow!good for you! i'll be elated too if i were in your shoes.

Unknown said...

@online writer, it's really an amazing experience!

mikolet21 said...

congrats mother! u looked so great on that make over. wish u luck on your new chosen career hehehehhe

Unknown said...

@ mommy cathy aka mikolet, thanks so much... just got lucky working mom had given me this chance :)

Unknown said...

It's cool to be made over by professionals and way much cooler to be in a magazine.
You look fab!

Unknown said...

@bingkee, thanks! it was really wonderful!

Bette said...

cool! you look fab!

thanks for dropping by and for the nice comment.

BemBites

Unknown said...

Wow You look great!!! How lucky naman na you got chosen;)

Unknown said...

@ Bette, thank you and thanks for dropping by also :)

@ Jade, thank you. Yes, and I'm the first magazine reader who got the chosen for this makeover :)

Claw Machines said...

wow ang ganda mo dyan. Available ka pa? he hehe

Claw Machines said...

You did not mention if you are single

Unknown said...

@ cebuanong hilaw, thank you. I am married and a mom to 2 kids :)

Unknown said...

haha.. kakatawa comment ni CHilaw.. ^^

nice job sis.. thumbs up!

Fida Abbott said...

You look beautiful.

Thanks for visit my Blog. I've linked your blog at my Blogger's friends link (Supporter).

Have nice day.

Unknown said...

@ utotmopink thanks, funny talaga!

@ Fida Abbott, thanks for the comment and for linking me :)

Unknown said...

Wow, good for you! You look stunning! :)

Unknown said...

@ jocelyn, thanks a lot :)

Jane said...

Congrats girl. You deserve it!

Tetcha said...

That must have been a very nice experience, being in the pages of a widely read magazine for a day! You look fabulous in those photos!

Post a Comment