Monday, September 3, 2012

Nutrition Month Costume and Activities

As much as possible, I make sure that my kids won't miss any important school activities. After all, it's part of learning. I want them to enjoy their school activities to the fullest.

nutrition-month
cabbage and malunggay

For Nutrition Month, my Grade 1 son asked me to prepare a vegetable headdress. Saying, "I want a big cabbage headdress!"

With limited time, my husband made a crown-shaped cardboard base. I drew and cut leaves and pasted it at the back. We bought a cabbage and sitaw (string beans) which we placed on the cardboard base. I just covered it with cling wrap plastic to maintain the fresh look of the cabbage.

I braided sitaw (string beans) to secure the cabbages and complete the look as well.

Glad that my son loved his cabbage headdress!

costume_nutrition_month
my son's cabbage headdress and my niece's fruit hat

Also from their Nutrition Month Activities:

My daughter in their class Go, Grow and Glow food parade.

nutrition_food_parade
food parade
My sister and her teammates cooked Chicken with Broccoli for the competition.

cooking_competition
Chicken with Broccoli cooking teammates

chicken_broccoli
was not able to taste this

[late post for last week of July]

0 comments:

Post a Comment