Like a parting gift, those words led the world in quiet reflection.
Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God.
— Maya Angelou (@DrMayaAngelou) May 23, 2014
Her works and her life was full of inspiration and strength that inspired millions around the world. For me these are just some of her best and powerful quotes about love, life, work, etc.
15 Best Quotes of Maya Angelou
- Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.
- All great achievements require time.
- There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.
- If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.
- Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean..
- Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
- I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.
- You may not control all events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them
- Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.
- My mother was really telling me to go ahead and love life, to engage in it, give it all you've got. To love it with a passion.
- It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.
- Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you.
- We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
The world might lost a great woman, but her legacy of wisdom and knowledge will continue to make millions of people to live life to its fullest. Her words will forever lift our spirits.
|Photo Source: The Washington Post|