Being a BFF isn't easy and there are times when it gets challenging to establish long-lasting friendships. But then, we must always find ways to keep our friendships stronger.
Here are simple Friendship Rules to Live By so you can be a better friend and best friend ever:
- Be yourself. Show the real you. You don't need to hide under a mask.
- Be honest. Build your relationship on honesty and integrity.
- Show up. Be there when your friend needs you and even if he/she just need someone to talk to.
- Always listen. Give your friend your full attention especially when he/she needs it most. Sometimes, you don't need to talk, you simply have to listen.
- Acceptance. Accept your friend as a person without any expectations. Cherish each other's individuality and uniqueness.
- Give compliments. See the good things to remind your BFF how awesome they are. Just make sure it's a genuine one.
- Thoughtful advice. Be someone your BFF can turn to for support, guidance and wisdom.
- Keep your word. If you commit to something, do it. Avoid breaking plans, rescheduling and making lots of excuses.
- Be Forgiving. Friends go through rough patches. Don't just let your friendship slip away with a simple misunderstanding or grudge. Talk things over and apologize.
- Spend time together. Do activities together or just hang out during weekends. You can also invite other people to hang out with you
- Care for your BFF. Don't take your friendship for granted. You'll know when there's something wrong, so cheer your friend up.
- Keep your friend's secret. Let secrets remain secrets. Don't spread them!
- Be loyalty. Stick up for your BFF. Your friend needs your support. But when you think something's wrong, tell your friend respectfully.
- Know your friend's family. Families are important. Get to know your BFFs parents and siblings.
- Set boundaries. Know your limits since there would be instances when you have to say "no."
- Be dependable. Let your BFFs know that you won't let them down ever.
- Be respectful. You have to respect each other's likes, points of views, thoughts and differences.
- Always Remember: A real friend calls. Be available. No matter how busy you are, keep in touch. Stay in contact thru email, text, or phone calls.
- Celebrate success. Be happy for your BFFs accomplishment. Don't make room for jealousy.
- Trust. This is the most important thing! Take care of this.
With Globe Unli20, you can be the best friend ever!