It means, "firm to the bite!"
I am a certified pasta lover! Glad to be invited (and I was able to attend) Doña Elena's World Pasta Day celebration at The Blackboard.
|I love pasta!|
- October is a National Pasta Month and October 25th is National Pasta Day!
- Pasta is healthy for it is a good source of protein, fiber and antioxidants.
- Pasta is not fattening for it is made of whole wheat (just eat moderately)
- Pasta should be not too soggy or too hard. It should be tender and firm. Just right, Al Dente!
- Avoid boiling pasta in a covered pot or rinse it after it's cooked.
- Doña Elena Al Dente does not require oil when cooking because it doesn’t stick together.
- Each pasta has its sauce-match. Thin pastas like spaghetti should be served with light, thin sauce (like tomato). Thicker ones like Fettuccine with heavier sauces. Pasta with holes or ridges, like Penne Rigate is best with chunkier sauces.
- Doña Elena Al Dente is the only artisan quality pasta, made from 100% durum wheat semolina (hard wheat). Unlike local pasta with only 6% protein content, Doña Elena Al Dente Pasta contains 13% protein.
Nutritionist, Professor Luchie Callanta shared the nutritional benefits of eating pasta.
|"Carbohydrates are not responsible for obesity."|
RJ Ledesma shared about how he started Mercato and his own pasta experience.
It's interesting when he shared that... most cuisines have their own origin, discovering the story behind it will make our experience enjoyable...
Chef Michel Cottabaren of The Blackboard whipped up pasta dishes using Dona Elena products, cooking it the Italian way.
|cooking demo the Al Dente way|
|Fettucine with shrimp in olive oil|
We got to enjoy the Fettuccine with Shrimp in olive oil, Penne Rigate with bacon and mushroom in tomato sauce, Spicy eggplant with pomodoro and paprika, and Panna Cotta.
Selected bloggers also took part in the Doña Elena Al Dente 10-minute cook-off contest.
It's fulfilling to spend the day eating pasta, learning more about it and appreciating it even more!
|with Chef Michel of The Blackboard|
Thank you Doña Elena Al Dente for inviting me to celebrate National Pasta Month with you!
|with mommy blogger Josephine and bloggers all over :)|
Let's always celebrate the goodness of pasta and the best way is to do it Al Dente!
Doña Elena Al Dente - Artisan Quality Pasta
Dona Elena Al Dente is made the Artisan way of making pasta – slow drying and not subjected to high heat. It uses bronze die which creates ridges on the pasta. It makes the sauce stick to the pasta better. It is also GMO-free and certified all natural.
Dona Elena Al Dente pasta is made using special bronze dies. Pasta prepared using the Bronze Die Cut is better. Why? Because its coarse texture allows the sauce to cling to the noodles better.
|Doña Elena variants include Spaghetti (500g), Fettuccine (500g), Lasagna (500g), Penne Rigate (500g and 250g) and Fusilli (500g and 250g)|
For more recipes, join Doña Elena Cuisinera Club and visit their website to learn more about Doña Elena.
Doña Elena Al Dente
World Pasta Day Celebration
The Blackboard, 5F Podium Mall
#FlyAceCorp #event #food