Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Token From The Principal



It's not an award, but this token means a lot. A handwritten note from the school principal makes my daughter beam proudly. I can feel just how happy she had been.

My kids' school principal had given my daughter a DVD copy of their school's Christmas program - Alice's Christmas Adventure. And I'm really surpised by such gesture! It's an appreciation of my daughter's participation during their Christmas presentation.

At their school, all students - from the Nursery to the Fourth Year level - are required to engage in every activity. No one should be left out. It's a way to develop the student's skills in different areas.

During the last Christmas program, I can say that my daughter performed well. She was even the dance choreographer for the Grade 1 girl students. They performed a wonderful butterfly dance and she was on center stage! I'm proud that her ballet lessons paid off!

dancing with Alice
She had a tiny acting part, but you can see her on-stage the entire duration of the program. She didn't mind the heat of the lights, the smoke effects and the tiredness that comes with it.

I know that this small token would always serve as an inspiration to my daughter.

7 comments:

Cee said...

The fact that she performed gracefully on stage is already an achievement. I just could imagine a very proud mom!

Levy said...

wow... sarap naman sa pakiramdam na magkaroon ng bibong anak! great job Skylah :)

Grampy said...

I am sure you are as proud as she is to get the recognition. You both deserve it.

Blogging Common Team said...

Dear Blogger,

Please help us! We recently invited you to participate in an online survey run by the Berkman Center at Harvard University about your experiences and opinions as an active blogger. To the best of our knowledge, we have not received your response to the survey. You can participate in the survey by following this link:

http://new.qualtrics.com/SE?Q_SS=a2J3SfNsAu73ecs_4Hp4lVv4k0EMdeI

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. You can reach us at info@bloggingcommon.org or view our FAQ at http://bloggingcommon.org/research.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,
The Blogging Common Team
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University

Crib said...

wow, a note from the principal is somehow rare. talagang proud mom ka talaga cza. :-)

Christine said...

Very good talaga si Skylah. Post na yang video na yan ng mawatch namin. =)

Mommy Arom, add mo din ako sa bloglist mo. =) Mommytin.artetaonline.com

nicquee said...

Skylah will go a long wayyyy! I know she will.

Post a Comment